Indispensable Kitchen Utensils
We cleared out the clutter to identify 10 tools and gadgets you can't cook without.
1. Best Manufacturers 12-Inch Standard French Whisk
Price: $9.49 Our favorite all-purpose French whisk is long and agile, with tines that don't bend and twist with prolonged use.
2. Fante's French Rolling Pin with Tapered Ends
Price: $6.99 This long, thin, tapered rolling pin is gentler on delicate dough than standard rolling pins.
3. Rubbermaid 13 1/2-Inch Commercial High Heat Scraper
Price: $18.99 Not your grandmother's spatula. Besides scraping bowls and icing cakes, this heatproof spatula made of silicone can also stir sauces on the stove.
4. Oxo Good Grips Box Grater
Price: $14.95 Razor-sharp grates and a collecting cup make this model a standout.
5. Oxo Good Grips 12-Inch Locking Tongs
Price: $10.39 The scalloped edges on these tongs get a better grip on food.
6. Kuhn Rikon Easy-Squeeze Garlic Press
Price: $20.00 This press boasts easy-to-squeeze plastic handles and an efficient plunger.
7. Messermeister Pro-Touch Swivel Peeler
Price: $5.95 The blade on this peeler is extremely share and maneuverable enough to glide across the curves of potatoes, apples, and carrots.
8. Architec The Gripper Nonslip Cutting Board
Price: $14.99 We like this dishwasher-safe board for its durable surface and skid-free bottom.
9. Endurance 5-Quart Pierced Colander
Hundreds of tiny holes allow water to drain quickly without losing so much as a pea.