Cook's Illustrated American Classics 2009 Special Issue
This special double-issue is packed with dozens of recipes that are American to the core - the types of meals you think of when you think of picnics, backyard grilling, and casual family dinners, from starters to desserts, From Maryland Fried Chicken, Kansas City Sticky Ribs, and Drive-in Burgers, to Sloppy Joes, Chef's Salad, and Stuffed Tomatoes, to Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, Dark Chocolate Cupcakes and Key Lime Bars. And as with all recipes from America's Test Kitchen, we test each recipe, 20, 30, sometimes more than 50 times, to guarantee they will work in your kitchen - the first time and every time.
We've also included up-to-date equipment ratings and blind taste tests on supermarket ingredients so you can shop and cook smart.
- Dozens of guaranteed foolproof recipes that work, including
New England Clambake, Blueberry Buckle, Classic Barbecued Chicken, Pepperoni Pan Pizza, Potluck Macaroni and Cheese, Creamy Corn Pudding and Oyster Po' Boys.
- Objective equipment ratings on the cookware and equipment you use every day, including tongs, meat pounders, stockpots and barbecue basting brushess
- Blind taste test results for supermarket ingredients including sandwich bread, cocoa powder, kielbasa, and barbecue sauce
- Clever kitchen Quick Tips, shortcuts, and techniques
- Two-page Illustrated Guide to "Knowing When Food is Done"
- Not a single page of advertising!