Cook's Illustrated 2008 American Classics Special Issue
This special double-issue is packed with dozens of recipes that are American to the core - the types of meals you think of when you think of picnics, backyard grilling, and casual family dinners. From Barbecued Chicken, Texas Beef Ribs, and Philly Cheesesteaks, to Cornbread, Egg Salad and New England Chowder, to Lattice-Top Peach Pie, Cherry Cobbler and Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, there are recipe ideas from starters to desserts. And as with all recipes from America's Test Kitchen, we test each recipe, 20, 30, sometimes more than 50 times, to guarantee they will work in your kitchen - the first time and every time. We've also included up-to-date equipment ratings and blind taste tests on supermarket ingredients so you can shop and cook smart.
This special 64-page issue includes:
- Dozens of guaranteed foolproof recipes that work, including BBQ Brisket, Steamed Lobster, Fried Chicken, and New York Cheesecake
- Objective equipment ratings on the cookware and equipment you use every day, including liquid measuring cups, zipper-lock bags, and instant-read thermometers
- Blind taste test results for supermarket ingredients including Dijon mustard, barbecue sauce, and semisweet chocolate chips
- Clever kitchen Quick Tips, shortcuts, and techniques, including how to cut potatoes for perfect French cries, forming chocolate chip cookies, and even how to choose the best lobster
- Two-page Illustrated Guide to Knives
- Not a single page of advertising!