Cook's Illustrated 2008 Holiday Baking Special Issue
Get ready for the holiday baking marathon!
The Cook's Illustrated 2008 Holiday Baking Special Issue provides you with everything you need to create scrumptious cookies, savory tarts, and perfect pies this holiday season. As only the editors of Cook's Illustrated can do, we test and retest recipes 10, 20, sometimes more than 40 times until they are guaranteed perfect. Every time you bake. And our always-objective ingredient tastings and cookware ratings will save you money, and featured kitchen tips and baking shortcuts will save you time.
Your Special 64-page Double Issue includes:
- Dozens of foolproof recipes including Triple Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie, Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake, Cranberry-Pecan Tart, Chocolate Toffee Butter Cookies, and Apple Galette
- Our essential up-to-date Guide to Recommended Bakeware telling you what to look for (and stay away from) when buying bakeware
- Test Kitchen baking notes and tips like how to prepare a cake pan, using heavy cream vs. whipping cream, and
- Equipment ratings for baking gear including apple corers, pastry bags, whisks, and bundt pans and sheet pans
- Ingredient ratings for dark chocolate, raspberry preserves, and canned pumpkin
- Test Kitchen baking notes and tips like how to prepare a cake pan, using heavy cream vs. whipping cream, and splitting and leveling a cake layer