Cook's Illustrated 2008 Fall Entertaining Special Issue
The Cook's Illustrated Fall Entertaining 2008 special issue is brimming with savory, hearty meals perfect for simple meals for 2, celebrations for 20, and everything in between. The included invaluable Menu Planner saves time and stress, offering a complete list of all dishes, from appetizer to dessert, for more than a dozen celebrations. Learn how to make the Ultimate Beef Tenderloin with a deeply charred crust, tender pink interior, and a rich hearty stuffing that doesn't "unstuff" upon carving. Transform Green Bean Casserole from canned clichÃ© into a classic side dish with fresh green beans, homemade sauce, and a simple, quick boost to the canned fried onions. Create a sophisticated yet easy-to-prepare Lemon Layer Cake with a tangy, not-bitter creamy filling amid layers of tender, moist cake. And as you have come to expect from Cook's Illustrated, we test each recipe, 20, 30, sometimes more than 50 times, to guarantee they will work in your kitchen - the first time and every time. And our always-objective ingredient tastings and cookware ratings will save you money, and featured kitchen tips and cooking techniques will save you time.
This special 64-page issue includes:
- Dozens of guaranteed foolproof recipes that work
- Complete menu ideas for dozens of celebrations, from appetizer to dessert, including a Holiday Ham Dinner, a Thanksgiving Dinner, Chinese Takeout at Home, and a Bistro Dinner
- Indispensable Quick Tips and kitchen techniques, including how to double-butterfly a beef tenderloin, how to guarantee layers of tender, flaky biscuits, and the right way to cut an avocado
- Objective and up-to-date ingredient ratings and cookware reviews including mozzarella cheese, red wine vinegar, food storage containers, potato mashers, and stand mixers
- Not a single page of advertising!